Getting testing for cardiomyopathy is done by a simple saliva sample.
The following genetic testing and counseling companies make the genetic testing process as simple and affordable as possible. Note: In most cases, insurance will cover the cost of genetic testing.
To start the genetic testing and counseling process, simply click on the logo(s) below:
As a reminder, below are the steps you can expect in the genetic testing and counseling process:
- Order the test.
- Work with your insurance companies to cover the cost of the test
- A simple saliva test will be sent to your home.
- Spit into the tube provided and mail it back in the enclosed envelope as instructed.
- Test results are mailed to you. (We advise you also share these results with your doctor.)
- Upon receipt of your test results, we highly recommend that you schedule a post-test appointment with a genetic counselor to help you better understand the results.
- Work with your insurance company to see if they cover the cost of genetic counseling.