DCM Foundation Overview
Formed in 2017 by a DCM Patient and a noted Heart Failure Cardiologist and DCM Genetic Researcher, the DCM Foundation’s mission is to provide HOPE and support to DCM Patients and Families with Dilated Cardiomyopathy through education, research and advocacy.
Our mission is being executed through three foundational pillars:
- Information and Education
- Patient and Family Support
- Understanding the Need for Genetic Testing
Pillar 1: Information and Education
In 2018, our volunteer Board of four members provided the funding for and began building an informative website on Dilated Cardiomyopathy. This website, www.dcmfoundation.org, was launched in mid-2019 and is considered the most comprehensive website on DCM.
Since then, with the help of great biopharma industry partners, the DCM Foundation now delivers monthly webinars, a monthly newsletter, as well as numerous blogs, videos, and articles to support DCM patients and their family members.
In 2023, we have grown to:
- 3000+ Patients and Family Members
- 4400+ Webinar Registrants and 11,000+ Webinar Recording Views
- Monthly Newsletter list of:
- 3000+ patient/family members and
- 1600+ cardiology professionals
- Social Media reach of 30,000+ DCM Facebook Group members, 60,000+ cardiomyopathy group members, and 40,000 cardiology medical professionals
- 250,000+ DCM Foundation website visits per year
Pillar 2: Patient and Family Support
With the continued support of industry partners, we launched two programs to greatly enhance our Patient and Family Support efforts:
- DCM Patient and Family Conference: Annual virtual event with a patient round table, as well as industry and patient speakers on topics affecting DCM patients and families.
- Peer-to-Peer Support Programs: Monthly peer-to-peer group sessions are held to provide DCM patients and family members with emotional support, answering their DCM-related questions.
- Healthy Together Program: 8-week ONLINE Group Wellness Support Program for DCM Patients and Families.
Launching these two critical programs enables us to better support hundreds of DCM patients and family members while helping them create lasting supportive relationships with other DCM patients, family members, and support professionals.
Pillar 3: Genetic Cardiomyopathy Awareness Campaign
On March 8, 2023, through partnerships with other cardiomyopathy patient groups, genetic counseling associations, and BioPharma company supporters, we launched a campaign and website (www.geneticcardiomyopathy.org) about the importance of genetic awareness and genetic testing for ALL cardiomyopathy patients and their family members.
On June 26, 2023, the campaign went global through a partnership with the Global Heart Hub. This international genetic cardiomyopathy campaign is in 8 languages in 21 different countries.
This campaign will have two phases targeting:
- DCM and other Cardiomyopathy Patients and their Families (Phase I – launched in 2023 and will continue to run throughout 2024)
- Medical Professionals interacting with DCM patients (Phase II – will launch in late 2023 and run throughout 2024)
We are driven to continue to grow the DCM Foundation and would be honored if you would join us to create a healthier and happier tomorrow for many more DCM patients and family members.
DCM Foundation Pillars Supporting Our Mission
Note: Highlighted sections indicate potential sponsorship opportunities.