DCM Foundation Overview
Formed in 2017 by a DCM Patient and a noted Heart Failure Cardiologist and DCM Genetic Researcher, the DCM Foundation’s mission is to provide HOPE and support to DCM Patients and Families with Dilated Cardiomyopathy through education, research and advocacy.
Our mission is being executed through three foundational pillars:
- Information and Education
- Patient and Family Support
- Understanding the Need for Genetic Testing
Pillar 1: Information and Education
In 2018, our volunteer Board of four members provided the funding for and began building an informative website on Dilated Cardiomyopathy. This website, www.dcmfoundation.org, was launched in mid-2019 and is considered the most comprehensive website on DCM.
Since then, with the help of great biopharma industry partners, the DCM Foundation now delivers monthly webinars, a monthly newsletter, as well as numerous blogs, videos, and articles to support DCM patients and their family members.
In 2022, we quickly grew to:
- 2000+ Patient and Family Members
- 2900+ Webinar Registrants
- Monthly Newsletter list of:
- 2000+ patient/family members and
- 2500+ cardiology professionals
- Social Media reach of 30,000+ DCM Facebook Group members
Pillar 2: Patient and Family Support
In 2022, with the continued support of industry partners, we are launching two programs to greatly enhance our Patient and Family Support efforts:
- 2022 DCM Patient and Family Conference: Full-day virtual event with a patient round table, as well as industry and patient speakers on topics affecting DCM patients and families. Target date is September 24, 2022.
- Peer-to-Peer Support Programs: Monthly peer-to-peer group sessions are held to provide DCM patients and family members with emotional support, answering their DCM-related questions.
Launching these two critical programs enables us to better support hundreds of DCM patients and family members while helping them create lasting supportive relationships with other DCM patients, family members, and support professionals.
Pillar 3: Genetic Awareness Campaign
In late 2022, in partnership with other cardiomyopathy patient groups, genetic counseling associations, and BioPharma company supporters, we will launch a campaign about the importance of genetic awareness and genetic testing for ALL cardiomyopathy patients and their family members.
This campaign will have two phases targeting:
- DCM Patients and Families (Phase I)
- Medical Professionals interacting with DCM patients (Phase II)
We are driven to continue to grow the DCM Foundation and would be honored if you would join us to create a healthier and happier tomorrow for many more DCM patients and family members.
DCM Foundation Pillars Supporting Our Mission
Note: Highlighted sections indicate potential sponsorship opportunities.